Sunday, June 24, 2007

J "I just got this bike yesterday" Nuck

Name: J. Nuck
College, year, major: Stanford '05 History
Book For the Trip: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
Why this trip? To escape the city, to breathe deeply, to sweat, read, write, think, to satisfy some wanderlust
Craziest life adventure prior to this one: Sleeping at the base of a glacier before entering the Peruvian jungle and then crossing a pass at 15,000 feet.
What she is most excited to leave behind: "Miss. Miss! He be mad beastin'. But I ain't playin' wit him. No, miss. I ain't playin'."
Biggest Fears: 1) Logging Trucks 2) What are we having for dinner? 3) Bike butt
What will she be wearing? Barack Obama bumper stickers
One experience she doesn't want to return home without having: Camping on a stranger's front lawn.
Quote: "Beware of monotony; it's the mother of all the deadly sins." - Edith Wharton

4 comments:

amy said...

jen- it's like 1 am and i'm tired and all, but when i saw your answers as i was pasting this in, i read the quote as "beware of matrimony..." which maybe also works, i'm not sure.

julie schenk said...

My bottom dollar is hurting for you already. I rode miles (round trip) on the Katy Trail and I was so sore. I will be interested to hear of the "Journey of the Butt" and it progresses :) You amaze me....but you always have so nothing new there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,, i have never met you , but had the pleasure of working with your dad at Cardinal.

I hope to introduce you tomy 18 year old daughter this fall in New York..

Loved reading this blog and please save a picture of the strangers front lawn!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.